|Notice of Breach of Fox-1/Fox-2 Settlement Agreement: Re: #OrlandPK15|
#OrlandPark This week's FOIA battle with the Orland Park Public Library is about the OPPL refusing to produce the... http://t.co/qy3A30MTWG— StoryTime (@StoryTimeDigita) July 16, 2015
Allow me to illuminate:
- A public employee stated in a publicly filed legal document that patrons of the OPPL (a public body) made written complaints about her: "139. Based on the False and Defamatory Statements, patrons of the Orland Park Public Library have submitted written complaints to the Orland Park Public Library about Ms. Bittman," and that her supervisors are aware of the complaints.
- The public employee stated the written complaints are in the possession of the public body.
- The public used FOIA to ask for the public documents that the public employee stated are in the possession of the public body.
- The public body refused to produce the documents, stating that they didn't know what they were.
- FOIA requires the public body to conduct a reasonable search for documents.
- The OPPL refused to conduct a reasonable search.
So, she sued ostensibly because people did not like how she behaved unprofessionally in public.
That's a story. She behaved unprofessionally in public while pursuing business for a public library, people complained, so she's suing me. I'm being sued for someone else's exercising free speech, let alone my own, by a public library employee who helps defend child porn in her public library as free speech or "intellectual freedom." Let alone "Gay Hate @ Your Library (link)" that continues to go unpunished, and the child porn that continues unabated while Bridget Bittman calls the library a "safe library" (link).
My opinion, as usual, but now I'm going to FOIA the documents myself, if they even exist.
To see what Kevin DuJan wrote on this topic, including graphics of complaint letters that mention Bridget Bittman produced under FOIA so far, go here:
- "Orland Park Public Library Settlement Agreement" (link)
- "Orland Park Public Library Still Covering Up Child Porn" (link)
- "Bridget Bittman Transcript on 89 WLS: OPPL Library Having Child Porn Is a Safe Library" (link)
Orland Park Public Library:
This is a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request. I am a member of the media making a noncommercial FOIA request for documents to be produced to me electronically at my email address. The results of this FOIA production may be published for the public to see and may be part of an analysis done for what I am writing about the OPPL (Orland Park Public Library). The law provides five business days to comply.
OPPL’s public relations employee Bridget Bittman has filed a federal lawsuit against me, Megan Fox, and Kevin DuJan. In her complaint of January 21, 2015, she complained, “Based on … False and Defamatory Statements, patrons of the Orland Park Public Library have submitted written complaints to the Orland Park Public Library about Ms. Bittman.”
Those “False and Defamatory Statements” were in response to, at the earliest, according to the complaint, a July 8, 2014, video: https://youtu.be/idu0lur4OCc
The point is, the time frame of this FOIA request is on or after July 8, 2014 and before January 21, 2015. I am attempting to make this request as narrow as possible to ease your administrative burden as much as possible.
Megan Fox and Kevin DuJan have attempted to FOIA those “written complaints” but apparently they have failed: http://safelibraries.blogspot.com/2015/07/breach.html
Now I will try.
I require the following to be produced pursuant to the FOIA:
1) A copy of any and all “written complaints” referenced in employee Bridget Bittman’s latest complaint, given the above background.
Thank you for your time and attention.
Dan Kleinman, Library Watchdog