Saturday, June 24, 2023

Newly Created Library Association Announced on Freedom 96.9 The Jake Merrick Show

A newly created library association was announced on Oklahoma's Talk Radio Freedom 96.9 The Jake Merrick Show.  Just look what's going on at this weekend's annual conference by American Library Association they call #ALAAC23.  All sorts of child groomers are being promoted and awarded.  A racist is the keynote speaker—again, is it the third time?  Fourth?  And ALA announced a $1,000,000 fund to widen and speed up efforts to s3xualize more children, including special funding for its new self-declared Marxist President.  Its EveryLibrary is even fund raising off of Hitler!  Not kidding.

People are clamoring for an alternate source for information on libraries.  Whistleblowers are reporting to me all sorts of crazy.  Many people in different roles are writing to me with horror stories, some of which I publish right here.

It's time for a new library association to eventually replace the American Library Association that has lost its way over fifty years ago beginning with Judith Fingeret Krug from the Illinois ACLU.  And I'm the one who's going to get that ball rolling, with many clamoring to help me.




Below is a transcript and recording of my conversation with Jake Merrick in Oklahoma announcing the new library association, so breaking news for both Jake and myself, and now my readers and whistleblowers.  

Here is a link to the transcript and a recording that tracks the transcript, and here is a link to download just the MP3 recording.



Radio Announcer:
Straight out of the heartland, a voice of the people, by the people, and for the people. This is The Jake Merrick Show.

On the new Freedom 96.9.

Jake Merrick:
Well, good morning, good morning. Are you awakened, Oklahoma patriot? Good to be with you here on this Friday morning. Uh, it looks like we all survived the tornadoes last night. Uh, crazy night. Well, it looks like there was about 15 that were reported to have touched down, so it was a, a wild night for Oklahoma, but, you know, it's typical here in the state.

So, uh, basically, you grab your popcorn, you get on the front porch, and watch it happen. Um, we actually watched one forming over us, and then, it, uh... It was the one that touched down in Tuttle, about two miles from us. And, uh... So some of our family... We're running to the cellars. Uh, it was a, um, eventful night. But it... We, we like it. It actually, uh (laughs)... As long as there's no injuries, deaths, or damage, then all is well, it's a, usually, exciting night.

But, um, got a great show for you this morning. Mr. Dan Kleinman's gonna come on here in just a second. He is, uh, pushing for an alternative to the American Library Association, which uh we've been talking about. Um, you know, there needs to be alternatives in many different areas. If you heard the recent interview I had with Riley Gaines... Again, she's talking about her ongoing fight for women's rights and to get, uh, men out of women's sports and out of women's locker rooms. And so she's pushing for that.


And, and, you know, it's, uh, it's discouraging and frustrating to see organizations like the NCAA just cowering to the leftist agenda and promoting these things, allowing these things. And as long as they're doing that, it's hard for these, uh, athletes to know what direction to take.

So you need to go back and listen to that interview I had with Riley Gaines. Uh, of course, you can always access that on freedom969.com or download the Freedom 96.9 app and see all of the archived shows.

Um, but we are going to, in a little bit, talk to Dan Kleinman. Just like we need alternatives to sports organizations, we need alternatives to library associations that are led by a Marxist leader, that are allowing, uh, graphic, sexually-explicit material on lower shelves for kids to readily access.

Uh, this could... should not be happening. Uh, of course, we're not banning books and saying that you cannot allow books in libraries, uh, but we're just saying there are... there should be guidelines and age restrictions, just like we have in movies. Uh, we have Rated R, Rated NC-17, Rated PG-13. You know, there are some movies that my eight-year-old does not watch. If it's a PG-13 and mostly mild, but there are some things in there, I don't want her to be exposed to just yet.

And so, there are young minds and souls that we wanna protect, and that's all this is about. But there are those that are leading the library association that think otherwise. So I'm looking forward to this conversation with Dan in just a minute to talk about the SafeLibraries push.

Um, just a few more headlines from around home. Uh, we got some people fleeing, uh, donors actually fleeing the University of Oklahoma, OU. Um, i- i- i it had some great donors that are saying, "Hmm, I'm rethinking my donation."

Uh, one of them is Dr. Christopher Boxell. Uh, he, he actually was a... he is a neurosurgeon who graduated from University of Oklahoma. And, you know, his last donation was about $250,000 to his alma mater. But he's saying, "I wa-..." h- he said, "I was really disturbed..." um, when he found out about the perverted agenda.

And there is a former donor named Mo Anderson. He delivered a letter to the president in 2021 and accusi-... accused the institution of promoting Marxism. He said, "OU has embedded a Marxist-derived worldview in its colleges via so-called diversity, equity, and inclusion programs that foster racial and social division. OU's DEI efforts produce the opposite of diversity and inclusion. Mainstream Oklahomans know they will now be labeled 'privileged,'" quote, unquote, "'privileged' individuals regardless of life circumstances, meaning OU is not a welcoming place for all students."

And a former donor named Susan Bergen, she said, "As a proud Oklahoman, I cannot support the deliberate destruction of our state's future. I will not donate to OU's academic efforts any longer." That she was a 35-year donor, averaging $50,000 a year.

There's a lot of pushback, as there needs to be. Um, we especially have, like I mentioned before, the $18,000 dollars going to paying a drag queen dancer performer to come and perform at their Crimson & Queens, uh, drag queen, the largest drag queen performance in the state. And, you know, uh, uh, people have had enough. This is coming around... uh, coming to bite the woke agenda.

And, hey, we're just seeing right here. Donors are saying, "Nope. No more. We're not donating to this cause, to the DEI, all-inclusive cause that includes everyone except for those that have a moral foundation, except for those who say, "No, we actually stand for something." "Well, you can no longer be included because you're a bigot. And we're going to include everybody else."

So, um, that's encouraging to see. Now, I think the next step and needed step is what some legislators like J. J. Humphreys, uh, was pushing for, saying, "Hey, we need to go ahead and pull federa-... uh, or state funding from the universities that are promoting these kinds of, um, uh, Marxist, leftist, immoral agendas. Why are we funding that? It's state... uh, it's taxpayer money that's going to fund these things."

So, uh, I am on board with, uh, our representatives like Humphreys, who are saying, "Hey, it's time to pull out until things can get lined out." Hey, if this is a private university, do whatever you wanna do. You're private, and people have a choice to, uh... Whether or not they wanna go there. But whenever we have taxpayer money that's being collected by the state and then distributed to these universities that are directly opposed to the moral values of the majority of the state, this must stop. And I'm glad to see these donors are backing out.

Um, along the same line here, another story, the ESG law... "Oklahoma ESG Law Gets BlackRock's Attention." Uh, I love this. I love that... Uh, you know this is a great example of how, um, a state can have an impact when they take a stand. A state simply has to stand up and say, "No more," and suddenly, the bullies that were over there demanding, they come hat in hand into the office, saying, "Oh, oh, please, no, please don't back out."

So, "Under Oklahoma law, investment companies that politically boycott oil-and-gas investments are now prohibited from receiving state contracts to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in state pension funds." Makes sense, especially here in Oklahoma. I mean, if you have a company that boycotts oil and gas, and we're an oil and gas state, what relationship do we have with you? What interest do we have in a relationship with you at all?

So, um, "This week, officials from Bra-... BlackRock, they met with Governor Stitt to plead their case." And Governor Stitt said, "We had a good conversation. BlackRock doesn't want to turn into the next Bud Light, that's for sure, so they're traveling the country and are very concerned when they show up on lists."

And so we had House Bill 2034, and it created the Energy Discrimination Elimination Act of 2022. That's House Bill 2034. And it "required the office of the state treasurer to conduct a review of investment firms to identify those that boycott investments in oil-and-gas companies regardless of the impact on investment returns."

And then we talked about this in a recent show, uh, talking about the treasurer, Todd Russ. And he generated a list of all of those companies that would no longer be doing business with Oklahoma because of their stance on, uh, boycotting oil and gas. Very bold, very appropriate move, especially for a state like Oklahoma, but, um, I am going to be watching this pretty closely because I have concern when, when Stitt says, "I had a good conversation with them."

Because on some levels, I don't think a conversation's what needs to happen, especially whenever the, uh, BlackRock chairman and CEO, Larry Fink, says stuff like this.

Larry Fink:
... like, actually, totalitarian govern-... It's, like, actually, totalitarian governments, where you have a understanding of what's, uh, out there. And obviously, we're... uh, the whole dimension is changing now, with the, uh, as you said, a democratization of gov-... uh, uh, of countries. And, and democracies are very messy, as we know in the United States, so, uh, you have opinions changing back and forth. Markets, like, ac-

Jake Merrick:
So, uh, you have Larry Fink there, and he's actually... he's, he's a little bit pro-totalitarianism. And he's a little bit against democracy. And, of course, we know we're not a democracy. We are a representative republic, a constitutional republic. We're not a democracy. And it just annoys me that the Left continuously makes this cry that, that Donald Trump is upsetting our democracy.

Um, well, we don't have a democracy. We have a representative of-... A representative republic, a constitutional republic. Very, very different. Our Founding Fathers did not want a democracy, but Larry Fink thinks we have a democracy, and he doesn't like the structure of America, and he would actually rather have a totalitarianism because democracy, and, you know, the will of the people c-... Thing. That kind of gets in the way. It's all messy.

And so it's easier when you have someone just telling people what to do. And that's why BlackRock owns about everything. They have investments in all of the major companies. And so, I don't think that you negotiate with a company like this. I don't think you entertain an audience at all. I don't think you give them a, a chance to plead their case.

They've made it clear what they're about. They want a global takeover. They wanna dominate and tell states and people what to do. So don't give them an entrance. And I would encourage Governor Stitt to not even eng-, uh, engage in conversation with them because it's... uh, they've made it clear where they stand, and, uh, w- we don't stand with that, not here in Oklahoma.

Um, I'm gonna go to a quick break. And there's a couple of stories I'd like to get to at the bottom of the hou-...Uh, or the, uh, the... towards the end of the show. Uh, one I wanna look at, Kansas City and how they have become a sanctuary state for peop-... Or Kansas City (laughs) will become a sanctuary city, not a state, become a sanctuary city for people seeking gender-affirming health care.

Uh, now, uh, the reason this story interests me is because of the, the lo-, uh, the local emphasis in a city taking a stand against the state. And actually, I like that. I don't agree on the principle and why they're, uh, why they're taking the stand, but I like that a city is taking a stand, regardless of the cost.

I think it's something that we, as Conservatives, should learn from this. And, uh, so I'm gonna get to that towards the bottom of the hour and also, uh, looking at Oklahoma preparing, uh, to spend millions on interstate EV-charging networks.

And, you know, this is something we gotta ask ourselves. I mean, how much do we really believe in this EV push? Uh, I know it's very big. I have questions about the longevity of it. And, um, we're about to spend a lot of money to establish EV-charging networks across the state, so I think it's something that we need to be, uh, taking a hard look at.

But I'm gonna go a quick break so we can get back to Dan Kleinman with SafeLibraries 'cause I'm, uh, excited about this conversation about his, uh, ideas for new libraries that actually promote the morals and values that we all believe in. So stay tuned for this conversation.

Radio Announcer:
Freedom.

Traffic, traffic.

We now take you to our eye in the sky.

Traffic:
....

Radio Announcer:
Remember, you listen to the new Freedom 96.9, Oklahoma's most powerful talk radio voice. Freedom 96.9 and freedom969.com, Oklahoma's new home for talk radio.

Advertiser:
....

Radio Announcer:
From Stillwater to Washita, from Chickasha to Medford, we have Oklahoma covered, with 100,000 watts of Freedom. We're the new Freedom 96.9. It's Brian Kilmeade.

Brian Kilmeade:
You're doing nothing all day that I could tell in front of the camera. What does this add up to? Everyone thinks she's too old. Everyone thinks she's ineffective. Nobody likes any of his policies. You see what's happened with foreign policies. You see what's happening on our southern border. You see what's happening with the economy. He wants to point to jobs. You see inflation there.

Now, when you have 36% approval rating, I'm telling you, if this does not improve, if things don't get better, I think they're gonna make a move on him.

Radio Announcer:
The Brian Kilmeade Show, weekdays 8:00 to 11:00 AM, on the new Freedom 96.9.
Welcome back to The Jake Merrick Show, where truth is the only news of the new Freedom 96.9.

Jake Merrick:
That's right, truth is the only news. That's what we pursue, right here on The Jake Merrick Show. Welcome back. It's 7:18. Thanks for joining me on this Friday morning.

Uh, you're gonna wanna stay tuned for this conversation with Dan Kleinman, uh, with SafeLibraries. I got him on the line. Mr. Dan, good morning.

Dan Kleinman:
Good morning.

Jake Merrick:
How are you, sir?

Dan Kleinman:
I'm all right.

Jake Merrick:
(laughs). Good. Now, you're calling from, uh, up north, right?

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah. Uh, well, uh, normally, I'm located in, uh, New Jersey and New York area. Right now, I happen to be visiting in Florida.

Jake Merrick:
Oh, now... Okay. Nice. It's a good place to visit (laughs).

Dan Kleinman:
Yes.

Jake Merrick:
Not only for the sunshine, but, um, you know, got some, got some different values down there in the South.

Dan Kleinman:
Oh, yes.

Jake Merrick:
(laughs).

Dan Kleinman:
(laughs).

Jake Merrick:
Well-

Dan Kleinman:
Like a free air.  [Note: this was prescient as the Canadian wildfires were about to make the Northeast air very oppressive.]

Jake Merrick:
E- exactly. Some free air. Well, if you're ever inclined, come out and visit, um, visit the free air of Oklahoma. Uh, you can come during tornado season, and it'll be nice and exciting. So... (laughs).

Dan Kleinman:
(laughs).

Jake Merrick:
Uh, well, um, I'm glad you're able to hop on. Um, I interviewed Janice Danforth with Moms for Liberty, uh, here a while back, and, and she mentioned you and said I should check you out. So I reached out, and we made the connection, and we were able to get this interview lined up.

So, uh, I've been looking forward to it because I appreciate your effort, and, uh, we stand for the same thing.

Dan Kleinman:
Yes.

Jake Merrick:
I love, I love how across the country... I mean, you're up in New Jersey, in New York area, but you're fighting for the same things that we are down here in Oklahoma.

Dan Kleinman:
Well, I have to live somewhere (laughs).

Jake Merrick:
Right? Right?

Dan Kleinman:
With... The values cross America. Uh, in my case, they cross America because the American Library Association's values are destroying America.

So in order for me to take on the American Library Association, I have to do it from somewhere, so I just happen to be in the Northeast-

Jake Merrick:
Hey-

Dan Kleinman:
... area.

Jake Merrick:
That... I... Um, we're all for it. Wherever you're at, take a stand. We just... You know, we interviewed some people... Actually, just as last Monday, a lady out from California who is a strong Conservative taking a stand out there. So, hey, we're all over the place.

Now, I believe we're still the majority here in America, those that, uh, value the same thing, the same principles. And how can you get any more common sense than protecting children? And that's really what this conversation's really all about, is let's just-

Dan Kleinman:
Uh, there's nobody else... Th- there's nobody who protects children, right? When, when kids go to school, and they're being sexualized by either the librarian or by the trans movement... or they're anywhere else, and they're being sexualized, there's very few people that, that stand up for children. There's no advocates for them. There's no, uh, corporate sponsors that are, uh, supporting them in, in general.

We're it. It's just the parents that are doing it. So it's time to get out of our seats and get up and protect our children. That's basically what I'm doing and many other people, such as yourself.

Jake Merrick:
Yes, absolutely. So you're a parent. Uh, how many children do you have?

Dan Kleinman:
Um, I have, uh, at least one (laughs).

Jake Merrick:
(laughs). Right.

Dan Kleinman:
The one, the one who started me on this journey, uh, about 24, 5 years ago, uh, is the one that I'm... uh, that I usually talk about because I went to... What happened was she was in public school, and on the fourth day of school, they gave her a book to read. And I said to myself, "Well, this is it. I've, I've reached the top. I have a beautiful wife, a house in the country, and my kid has to read a, a book from the public school. So I'm gonna read her the book."

It was totally inappropriate, and, um, I soon found out... uh, I mean, I had to change the words. Like, uh, words like, uh, "'Ooh la la,' she said in a lusty voice, skinny-dipping on a date with three guys at the same time."

Jake Merrick:
Hmm.

Dan Kleinman:
And, uh, (laughs), I reported it to the principal. And she said it's twice as bad as what I reported it as and, "I'm removing from the library." And, uh, uh, so yes, about my kids, this is how I started, with, with, with my kid.

And I said, "Well, why did you give it to my kid?" "Well, one, it was multicultural, and two, it was recommended by our American Library Association member librarian from an American Library Association list of books for kindergarteners."

Jake Merrick:
Wow.

Dan Kleinman:
[inaudible 00:19:14].

Jake Merrick:
It was in kindergarten-

Dan Kleinman:
I, I was... Uh? Right, in kindergarten. I was like, "Wow..." So I went to my, uh, my s-... m- my library in town, and they had a, um, a website there called Fun Sites for Kids and Teens. And it had on it a website from, uh, Columbia University's Go Ask Alice!, uh, where you can learn all sorts of things about, uh, sexuality, including, for example, how to, um, hang yourself so that you have a better orgasm-

Jake Merrick:
Wow.

Dan Kleinman:
... which is the way that actor David Carradine died.

Jake Merrick:
Right.

Dan Kleinman:
And, and, and, uh, that's when I put two and two together, and I said, "Something's going on here with the American Library Association." And indeed, I had a library director come to me and admit that a child, uh, who's 15 years old died from that very same reason the day after viewing that website in their library.

Jake Merrick:
Wow.

Dan Kleinman:
I pr-... I post-... Yeah, I... uh, a lot of this is, is going to be a, a wow.

Jake Merrick:
Yes. And this has been going on a while. I mean, your, your kid was in kindergarten whenever you were first made aware of this. And so, th- this has been something that you've been addressing for a while. You know, I think that, uh, many, uh, especially here in Oklahoma, are just now becoming aware recently of the books that are available to our kids in both the school libraries and the public libraries.

And, you know, thankfully, we have a, a fire brand and superintendent, Ryan Walters, who's out making this... he will not let it go away. And people are saying, "Hey, we need to focus on other things." And he's like, "Well, first things first, let's get the porn out of schools. Then we can talk about other things." And so, we so-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... appreciate him as a Conservative doing that, fighting on our behalf. Um, but what is it that, um... You have this SafeLibraries. So I wanna get to that. And, uh, what, what is that led you to form this organization, and what does it look like now?

Dan Kleinman:
Uh, well, SafeLibraries has been around for a long time. If you're talking about me forming a new library association, um, that I just started about two weeks ago. And if you wanna know h-... what led to that, it's my years and years and years of, of, uh, of seeing this kind of thing going on from the inside, uh, with these librarians, uh, um, uh, inappropriately treating children.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
And, uh, and hearing the complaints of library directors, librarians, patrons, children, uh, pr-... uh, library school professors, library school students. People come to me and tell me what's going on. And nobody can stand this stuff anymore. When the American Library Association is basically dictating how all these librarians think. Right?

The American Library Association doesn't even have literacy as its top goal anymore. Its top goal is now equity, which we all know means Marxism. Uh, the, um... Uh, th- that's what it is. The-

Jake Merrick:
Yeah, a hundred percent.

Dan Kleinman:
... American Library Association. It... They, they, they just, uh, appointed a new president who's openly Marxist and bragged about all the, uh, solidarity and the power she's gonna wield within the organization, um, to further spread, uh, her views.

Uh, this is not an, an American Library Association that we want in our libraries, right? Um, in Oklahoma, for example, you guys, uh, can't stand these ESG funds for obvious reasons that you discussed before.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
Well, the America- the American Library Association invests basically primarily in ESG funds. Do you want an organization to be controlling your libraries that's primarily investigate... In- invested in, in things that you guys in Oklahoma hate? I mean, there's really (laughs)... That's basically-

Jake Merrick:
Mm-hmm.

Dan Kleinman:
... what it is.

Jake Merrick:
For sure.

Dan Kleinman:
Uh, uh, so, so I heard all these complaints from all these people, and I finally said... and, I, uh, and I finally said to myself, somebody's gotta start a new library association, where, uh, people... Where librarians can learn how to be effective librarians for their communities and for themselves but without all of the political Marxist baggage of the American Library Associat- Association.

Uh, for example, wouldn't it be nice if librarians learned how to, um, uh, uh, help children to learn to read instead of, uh, help children to learn that there are 62 genders, and a drag queen is going to flash-

Jake Merrick:
Hmm.

Dan Kleinman:
... his behind-

Jake Merrick:
Ugh.

Dan Kleinman:
... or underneath to children? Right? It's the American Library Association... Uh, it, it, uh... Well, it didn't create it, but it's spread it, uh, nationwide "sneakily" into small rural red communities... I'm quoting now, sneakily is their word, across America. And when confronted, they deleted the article, uh-

Jake Merrick:
Wait, you said you were-

Dan Kleinman:
... that they had-

Jake Merrick:
... quoting it. Uh, this was a, an article they put out, bragging about how they sneakily snuck it around?

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
Wow.

Dan Kleinman:
In American Libraries Magazine, I believe, which is their trade journal, their-

Jake Merrick:
Okay.

Dan Kleinman:
... monthly, uh, magazine for membership. Um, this is what's going on. People can't stand... A lot of people, not just, not just Conservatives, right? This is not just a Conservative issue. This is an everybody issue.

The ALA even knows it, but they don't wanna say it publicly, uh, that everybody opposes the sexualization of children. Uh, they don't wanna say it, so they, they like to talk about how it's the Conservatives that are bad, the prude people, the Christian people. "They're, they're after us." No, it's not. That's projection. It's the librarians who are after our children.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
That's what's going on. And, and they cover it up by saying, "Well, it's just the Conservatives."

Jake Merrick:
Yeah, exactly.

Dan Kleinman:
So I start-

Jake Merrick:
I mean, the, the... It seems like they, uh... This DEI is not truly DEI. I mean, their inclusion stops at the Church. Their inclusion stops at, at the values that have undergirded this c-, this country since its inception. Um, they, they truly-

Dan Kleinman:
Yes.

Jake Merrick:
... only want to include those that have, uh, have for centuries been rejected as-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... cruel and immoral. That's the ones they want to include. And so the line is-

Dan Kleinman:
Yes.

Jake Merrick:
... clearly being drawn.

Dan Kleinman:
Right. And how did all... How... Why are you and I talking? We're talking because of the American Library Association, because of what they've done for decades. For... In specific, if you look at the Library Bill of Rights, which is in, uh, lots of libraries, they say, "We adhere to the American Library Association, Library Bill of Right."

Well, that thing makes it age discrimination to keep material from children. Okay? Age discrimination. So that's why kids nationwide are now getting Gender Queer and books like that in their schools because there's no more discrimination (laughs) against children-

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
... supposedly. Because the American Library Association inserted that 50 years ago, when they got the idea from a 1960s radical guy, uh, who, um... You know, they're all into this no-age limit. It's like, kinda like NAMBA... NAMBLA, right?

Jake Merrick:
Right.

Dan Kleinman:
Uh, no age limits so you can have sex with children and everything like that. This is where this came from. 50 years ago, uh, ALA injected into th- their Library Bill of Rights, and now it's in your community in Oklahoma and elsewhere. And now, because of Illinois, uh, Governor Pritzker, who, uh, funds a lot of the transgender movement, uh, is about to sign a bill that will make it illegal for parents to challenge these books in schools anymore be-... uh, on the theory that they're about diversity and inclusion.

Jake Merrick:
Wow. So we're gonna go to a quick break here at the bottom of the hour, but I wanna get back and talk a little bit more about that when we come back, Dan. What happened in Illinois that has essentially drawn a... pushed a wedge between a child and, and their parents. Um, so let's get back and talk about that some more. I'm here with Dan Kleinman, uh, talking about the libraries in America and how to take a stand for truth. Stay tuned.

Newscaster Rich Thomason:
With SRN News, I'm Rich Thomason. The already-overburdened US immigration system being strained to the breaking point by the expiration of pandemic-related asylum restrictions. The Title 42 restrictions expired at midnight.
Federal judge temporarily blocking the Biden administration's plan to start releasing migrants into the country without a court date for an immigration hearing once holding facilities have reached full capacity.
Congressional leaders will not meet with President Biden until next week to talk about the debt ceiling after today's scheduled sit-down was postponed.
Noble, Oklahoma, is among towns in the Oklahoma City area swept by powerful thunderstorms and tornadoes last night. Considerable damage reported but no reports of any injuries.
On Wall Street, Dow futures is up 99 points, and Nasdaq futures is ahead 14. More details at srnnews.com.

Advertiser:
....

Radio Announcer:
And now, the weather.

The weather.

Weather:
....

Radio Announcer:
Our country was founded on freedom. With the stories of today, are we defining our freedom for tomorrow. So stay informed on the issues that matter by making the new Freedom 96.9 your first choice for talk radio in Oklahoma.

We're letting freedom ring, with 100,000 watts of static free truth, with the new Freedom 96.9 and freedom969.com, Oklahoma's new home for talk radio.

Advertiser:
....

Radio Announcer:
A voice of the people, by the people, and for the people. The Jake Merrick Show on the new Freedom 96.9.

Jake Merrick:
Hi, guys. Welcome back here to The Jake Merrick Show. It's 7:35 AM. It's a beautiful Friday morning. Here talking with Dan Kleinman, uh, about our library situation. Uh, good morning, Dan.

Dan Kleinman:
Good morning.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah, so, so good. We were talking before we went to the break about the action taken in Illinois. Um, tell us about that again.

Dan Kleinman:
This is a... an effort by the American Library Association to pass legislation that would codify its Library Bill of Rights, the thing that we discussed they added the word age to 50 years ago or so. Um-

Jake Merrick:
Now, what-

Dan Kleinman:
And-

Jake Merrick:
Explain that, "They added the word age." What are the implications of that?

Dan Kleinman:
Uh, the implication is, uh, the... b- because the, the Library Bill of Rights used to say something like, "You can't discriminate against books based on the ideas they contain or the, uh, the people involved," or the, you know, whatever. But then they also added the word "age," so that you can't discriminate against books based on age.

So suddenly, uh, a school teacher can't keep an inappropriate book, uh, from a child in a school because the Library Bill of Rights makes that age discrimination.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah, it's... So this is so important because, um, the, the guidance that our schools are getting concerning what books they're allowed to have in their libraries is coming from the ALA, from the American Library Association. And-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
And when they are making these kinds of... uh, adjusting these standards to open it up, um, that's why we're seeing downstream, these books infl-... uh, coming into our school system and then, ultimately, in the hands of our-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... children. And so, we've gotta, I think, uh, uh, find the root of this. And I... Tha- that's why I love what you're doing 'cause I think you're addressing the root of the issue because we can go-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... talk to the local librarian. She can't change anything. You can go talk to your librarian at school to the, to the, uh, school board, whatever, and we're just dealing with the leaves of the trees. We're not dealing with the roots. And the root-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... is where this is coming from, from the American Library Association, who's offering-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... the guidance to our schools.

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah, and that guidance includes that librarians know that this material is sexually inappropriate for children. They know it, but they are trained by the head of the Office for Intellectual Freedom to reframe it as diversity and inclusion.

Jake Merrick:
The head of the Office of Intellectual Freedom?

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah. So-

Jake Merrick:
(laughs).

Dan Kleinman:
... she's teaching librarians that they know this stuff is sexually inappropriate, books like Gender Queer in specific, but needs to be reframed as diversity and inclusion. Now, the key to this is that that's what's in that law that they wanna pass in Illinois, that they want to specifically include a fo-... uh, include the Library Bill of Rights to actually mean this thing, and they also wanna make it so parents cannot challenge books for being, uh, diverse or inclusive.

Jake Merrick:
Right. So the-

Dan Kleinman:
But I'm telling you-

Jake Merrick:
... parent, the parent stands up and says, "This is sexually explicit, and my... Inappropriate for my child," then the response will be, "Well, you're not diverse or inclusive, and so-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
"... we must include it because we are a diverse and inclusive library."

Dan Kleinman:
Exactly.

Jake Merrick:
Wow. A- and obviously, uh, the, uh, one of the, one of the, uh, intended, uh, consequences is that parents are removed from the equation.

Dan Kleinman:
The parents have been removed from the equation for decades by, uh, YA authors and, uh, educators, and, and librarians.

Jake Merrick:
Yes.

Dan Kleinman:
And-

Jake Merrick:
Yes.

Dan Kleinman:
... there's an article on my website, uh, by a Rita, uh, I think, Kozanin, whatever, uh, she's a professor from the University of Houston, which goes into detail on exactly how this happened over the course of time, how somehow, the parents became the enemy, and the, uh, YA authors and the librarians and the educators became the saints that everybody else should now follow.

Jake Merrick:
You know, we had-

Dan Kleinman:
And, and by the way... They created essentially something called a "right to read," so now we have-

Jake Merrick:
Oh.

Dan Kleinman:
... this thing called the Right to Read Act. It's just created by these people intentionally, and I discuss this on, uh, on my, uh, SafeLibraries, uh, uh, blog and writings that I've been doing for, like, 15 years.

Jake Merrick:
And there they're saying a five-year-old has a right to read whatever they want, just like a-

Dan Kleinman:
Bingo.

Jake Merrick:
... just like a five-year-old has a right to decide whatever sex they are, a- a- a-

Dan Kleinman:
Correct.

Jake Merrick:
... and the parent has no right to accept being... and, and intervene and, and suggest something other than what this five-year-old, in all of his wise knowing, uh, about himself and about the world has concluded. Uh...

Dan Kleinman:
Well, the, the parents have the right in their own home, essentially, is what they say-

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
... which means they don't have a right.

Jake Merrick:
For now. For now.

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
You know, we saw-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... Joe Biden-

Dan Kleinman:
Uh-

Jake Merrick:
... in a... Say, "There's no such thing as someone else's kids. They're all of our kids." (laughs). And-

Dan Kleinman:
A- a- and speaking of Biden, uh, he just made this banned book stuff, which is a fake, phony fraud, he just made it a national issue.

Jake Merrick:
Okay. What did he do?

Dan Kleinman:
Um, uh, he, he just came out in support of a, basically, the American Library Association's view, uh, that, uh, nobody should be banning any boo-... Nobody bans books-

Jake Merrick:
Right. It's not about-

Dan Kleinman:
... anyway. So the-

Jake Merrick:
... banning books.

Dan Kleinman:
... the last book ban was in 1963, um, in the United States. Uh, nobody bans it. This is just a word that they use... you know, they, they change language to get us-

Jake Merrick:
Yep.

Dan Kleinman:
... to, uh, fight with each other and, and lose. Uh, there's no book banning going on. This is what is allowed to have been happen since the beginning of time when you remove the, uh, inappropriate material from schools.

Even the Supreme Court allows it in the Board of Education vs Pico case in 1982. I mean, that makes it so that it's perfectly legal to remove inappropriate materials from school--immediately--without even any of these silly reconsiderations committees. Just remove it.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
Perfectly legal. And, uh, and that, that's where we are today. We're in a... uh, we're all thinking that we can't do this because the Library Bill of Rights says it would be age discrimination. Crazy! How did we get to-

Jake Merrick:
Yeah, and it's in-

Dan Kleinman:
... this point?

Jake Merrick:
And it's intentionally labeled that. It's called the Bill of Rights so we, in our subconscious-

Dan Kleinman:
Yes.

Jake Merrick:
... think, "Bill of Rights, that's untouchable. We can't touch it." This is, this is not a government. This is a library association that has listed-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... their standards and called it the Bill of Rights. Now they're attempting to codify this into law and then we have something very much to be concerned about because, um, well, well, then, y- you're equating their, their standards in their association with law, the law of the land. And, you know, this is undermining (laughs) parents' rights at its core and is exposing children to harmful images and material.

Uh, you know, somebody brought up a question on the live Facebook stream about, you know, libraries offer more than just books. They also offer movies and other, you know, uh, audio versions. Uh, does this apply to them as well? I mean, if a, if a five-year-old comes and checks out a, a Rated-R movie, are they allowed to? Do you know about that?

Dan Kleinman:
Uh, well, look, it depends on every library, but, uh, in general, the American Library Association, the same lady who says to reframe sexually-inappropriate material as diversity and inclusion, she says that libraries should not be considering movie ratings because that comes from a private organization. Remember, they're a... A- ALA is a private organization-

Jake Merrick:
(laughs). Right.

Dan Kleinman:
... injecting its way into Oklahoma, but they're complaining about MPAA being a private organization--you sh-... we shouldn't follow these ratings, and kids can have whatever they want. And if they don't like it, they'll just simply put it down.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah, so we should just say, "I agree with that one part of your argument. We should, uh, not consider private organizations (laughs) so we're gonna dismiss-

Dan Kleinman:
Right?

Jake Merrick:
"... yours."

Dan Kleinman:
(laughs).

Jake Merrick:
Uh, you know-

Dan Kleinman:
(laughs). Exactly.

Jake Merrick:
... Dan the, uh, the thing I love about what you're doing... Uh, and you said that you have launched into this... This, this is breaking news this morning, guys. This is the (laughs), the first interview Dan has done about his library association that he's started. Is that correct, Dan?

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah, that's it.

Jake Merrick:
Man-

Dan Kleinman:
I only started two weeks ago.

Jake Merrick:
I'm, I'm honored, and I'm fully behind it. Now, listen, uh, we, we, uh, have a state full here down in Oklahoma who get sick and tired of stuff. And we organize. And we have meetings across the state, GOP meetings, where we come together-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
... and we talk about how bad things are. And we complain, and we cry, and we say, "Somebody needs to do something about it."

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
And then there's silence. And now the-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... the question that is begged is, who will stand and do something about it? Are we going to just wait on legislation on elected officials to do something? Or are we going to do what you're doing as a father, standing up and starting something? Now, uh, uh, uh-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... this is what has to happen. This is the spirit of America, if you will, is that-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... you can start a business. Go start one tomorrow. And you can start an association. And you can get some movement behind it, and it grows. And then, suddenly, it becomes a competitor to the ALA.

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
So, uh-

Dan Kleinman:
Yes.

Jake Merrick:
... I love what you're doing. Um, talk to us a little bit more about this process of starting this, what's your vision is long term for this association.

Dan Kleinman:
My vision is to be able to assist libraries, library directors, librarians in being able to run a library efficiently, uh, that doesn't cause the harm that the current library association causes.

For example, uh, one harm is that the librarians themselves all need to work in sexually-hostile work environments because the American Library Association tells them that they need to allow pornography on the computers. Well, you don't need to allow that. You can cut, cut it out if you want.

And, uh, and, and I would advise librarians to do that. Right? I'd tell them that the filters work. I would provide, uh, uh, uh, pro- proper guidance. Now men will stop looking at the pornography in the computers and the, uh, predominantly women librarians will stop being sexually harassed by such men.

Jake Merrick:
Hmm.

Dan Kleinman:
Right?

Jake Merrick:
Yes.

Dan Kleinman:
So that's one, one way right there that the library association could help librarians. It can help, uh, you know, children by, uh, not allowing, um, uh, say, uh, uh, Drag Queen Story Hours into libraries. You know, those things are already illegal under library laws, but nobody applies the library laws, right? The, the laws say that the libraries are for the use and benefit of the public, but Drag Queen Story Hour is actually harmful to children.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
Right? Uh, it's, it's plain harmful. I... My library association would recommend useful, uh, uh, things to do other than Drag Queen Story Hour. Maybe we can start ham radio clubs in libraries, for example.

Jake Merrick:
There you go.

Dan Kleinman:
It'd be a very useful STEM skill, a ve-... You know, ham radio people are trying to get children into the field. Uh, well, this can be one way to do it. You use public libraries to do it. Uh, it would be very interesting for the kids. They can learn coding, they can learn to talk with, like, with each other. It could be a, a wonderful experience, and the, the country will benefit by having people getting back into, uh, coding and things like that.

Jake Merrick:
A hundred percent.

Dan Kleinman:
So that's another... Right? Uh, and, and, and that's the key to this, is just to build a library association, sort of like the way that would make sense instead of the way that it's driven by an organization with literally a Marxist president.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah, um. Now, if you start this, uh, that... And you have. That... But it becomes an advisory kind of board is what I'm hearing, that you come into an, uh, a library, an existing library... That's a building full of boo- books. And then you become the advisory board that replaces the ALA over that, uh, facility?

Dan Kleinman:
No-

Jake Merrick:
Is that correct?

Dan Kleinman:
No, I wouldn't come into a library. It'd be very similar to the American Library Association. The American Library Association has no power over libraries except to the extent that people allow it to happen.

So what I'm gonna do is something similar. I'm gonna make standards that libraries can follow, uh, that will help them to guide their libraries in ways they wish. The American Library Association has such standards, for example. One standard was that, uh, librarians are to ignore child pornography because librarians are not lawyers and wouldn't know what is child pornography. And only a judge can, uh, uh, determine that.

Jake Merrick:
Wow. Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
So librarians must ignore child pornography. That was in one of their policies. My policies on p-... (laughs) On Safe Libraries Association will not be recommending that librarians ignore (laughs) child pornography.

Jake Merrick:
(laughs). Yeah. Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
So that's, so that's it. It's the policies that I'm gonna set up that people can choose to decide, which do they like, ALA's or Safe-, or SLA's policies? Uh, and the SLA's will make more sense. Um, uh, a community in, in, in California, for example, is deciding to pass, uh, a resolution. And the resolution says, uh, you know, "We adhere to the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights."

The resolution also says that, "We, we, we age separate things for kids." You know, if they're too young, remove those things to a different section. Well, actually, that makes the policy internally inconsistent because one is against age discrimination, and the other says they specifically agree with this.

But the people don't realize it. People don't realize that the Library Bill of Rights is the camel's nose under the tent-

Jake Merrick:
Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
... that brings on everything else. Um, so they had an inconsistent policy, internally inconsistent. And, uh, I will help to, uh, uh, guide librarians on how to set up policies by providing, uh, model policies and things like that. And they can choose, uh, whether they like it or not based on their own thinking and not on me browbeating people into it.

Jake Merrick:
I love it. I love it. And so, then, would states be able then to pass legislation that says that, "We are going to, uh, direct our publicly-funded libraries to adhere to Safe Libraries Association's standards rather than the ALA"?

Dan Kleinman:
Huh, I guess they could, but I think that's... uh, you know, uh, ALA is in the middle of trying to pass legislation to make people follow them.

Jake Merrick:
Yeah. Yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
So I am not inclined-

Jake Merrick:
That's why I'm thinking, yeah.

Dan Kleinman:
... to do this... Yeah, so I'm not inclined to do the same thing.

Jake Merrick:
Okay.

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
Hey, I like it. Hey, let's keep it independent (laughs), uh, get the government out as much as possible. I'm all for that. Um-

Dan Kleinman:
Right.

Jake Merrick:
Dan how can people find out more about, uh, your association and what you're doing and come alongside you?

Dan Kleinman:
Oh, uh, well, they can go and search for SafeLibraries on the internet. Uh, maybe you can put in some keywords also, like, um, I don't know, SafeLibraries children in, in school libraries or something like that. And eventually, you'll come to my, uh, my blog. It's principally where I write, uh, right now, uh, at safelibraries.blogspot.com.

And you can subscribe or you c-... Which is free. And you can follow, you can t-... You can, uh, read all my stuff. You c-... Uh, there's a search feat- feature in the upper left. You can, you can steal my stuff and use it if you want. I don't care. I'm not interested in copyright or anything like that.

I'm just interested that people learn this stuff, get the reliable sources that I, that I link to, and then use them on their own to, uh, protect, ch-, uh, children. I can't be everywhere across the United States, but if I can set up a means for parents to learn about this stuff, and they can act in their own communities, then, then I think I've done good.

Jake Merrick:
Absolutely. Thank you so much for your time, Dan. I appreciate it. And we'll be praying for you and for this effort and, uh, we'll be sending people your way, so, uh, be looking for them.

Dan Kleinman:
(laughs). Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Jake Merrick:
Absolutely. You have a good day.

Dan Kleinman:
Hey, can I-

Jake Merrick:
Dan-

Dan Kleinman:
Can I-

Jake Merrick:
... in South Florida.

Dan Kleinman:
C- c- can I say one more quick thing?

Jake Merrick:
Oh, do it, please.

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah, I just wanna say how, how, how awful these c-... Librarians can be. The Texas Library Association, right there below, uh, Oklahoma, they actually trained their librarians that, uh, they are, uh... Literally how to avoid the Texas's Open Public Mee-... Uh, Open, um, Records Act, uh, by... Basically, they trained them to use their personal emails, their personal Wi-Fi devices, and their personal everything to communicate about what's going on in s-... with school books. Right?

Because they're literally colluding behind the parents' back, violating li-... uh, Texas law in order to do this. A librarian literally will do anything to sexualize as many children as possible. There's no other-

Jake Merrick:
Wow.

Dan Kleinman:
... other reason for them to intentionally defy Texas law.

Jake Merrick:
No kidding, no kid-... Well, hey, Dan, we have to go to a break, but tha-... Um, so glad you-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... interjected with that last point. So, uh, uh, very much useful information. We're gonna have to have you back-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... on so we can talk about this some more 'cause I know it's, uh... There's so much out there we need to address. Uh, but again-

Dan Kleinman:
Oh, yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... thank you for your time, Dan. And we'll, we'll be talking-

Dan Kleinman:
Yeah.

Jake Merrick:
... to you again soon.

Dan Kleinman:
Thank you. Bye-bye now.

Jake Merrick:
All right, Dan. Bye-bye. All right, well, that was Dan Kleinman with the Safe Libraries Association. And we're gonna go to a quick break and come back here with Jake's final take on some issues related directly to Oklahoma and, of course, our libraries. So stay tuned.

Radio Announcer:
Freedom.
Traffic, traffic.
We now take you to our eye in the sky.

Traffic:
....

Radio Announcer:
100,000 watts of Freedom. You're listening to the new talk radio, Freedom 96.9 at freedom969.com, Oklahoma's new home for talk radio.

Advertiser:
....

Radio Announcer:
From Pauls Valley to Perry, from Clinton to Henryetta, we have Oklahoma covered. With 100,000 watts of Freedom, we're the new Freedom 96.9.

Dan Bongino.

Dan Bongino:
... war going on in our institutions in the United States right here. It's not just the war on self-defense. The Left doesn't want you to be able to defend yourself. The Left wants to make sure they corrupt absolutely everything.

And one of the goals of this show, from the start, has been to get across to you what I say I mean. We're not the one with the political fight here, folk. We are absolutely dealing with a fight between good and genuinely evil human being.

Radio Announcer:
The Dan Bongino Show, weekdays 11:00 to 2:00 PM on the new Freedom 96.9.

The truth about your state every morning, right here on The Jake Merrick Show. The new Freedom 96.9.

Jake Merrick:
Hey, guys. Welcome back. I just had a great conversation with Dan Kleinman. Uh, he's just, uh, an average guy. Okay? You're like, "Who's this guy?" Well, you know, he's a guy that is taking a stand and making a difference. I love to have people like that on my show.

Uh, they're, they're not in the national headlines yet, and they're not in Congress. They're not in the movies. They're just concerned parents who are taking a stand for their children. And he's starting this Safe Libraries Association. How does that relate to Oklahoma? Well, I think we can all connect the dots.

Uh, we're having issues with our libraries here. We're having issues with our schools. You know, um, people are sick of... well, certain people are sick of Superintendent Ryan Walters talking about it and making it a constant issue. Well, as soon as it changes, the conversation can change.

But until it changes, we're gonna say, "This must change, and we're not doing anything else until we get the sexually-explicit stuff out of our libraries." That's how important it is. And it's so important that they're making... they, they're fighting back, insisting that they keep it available to children.

Why? Once it's brought out and made public, it should be immediately removed if they had the same kind of concern for children. But they don't. This is part of their agenda. They want to keep it there. It's really part of the next step in the LGBTQ+++ movement. Um, that way it's gonna promote "MAPs," minor-attracted persons. All right?

Why do they want children in their audience? Because they wanna desensitize the general public to be accustomed to this sexual engagement between adults and children. That's why. Because it was homosexuality. People had to get used to that. And then we legalized marriage so that, uh, the homosexuals can be married. And then the next step was trans. We're in the middle of that.

And the next step is going to be minor-attracted persons, NAMBLA, all of... uh, the fact that you have, uh, official organizations that can, can group these people together and that the term pedophilia is no longer gonna be used... Okay? We're not gonna talk about that 'cause, "That's so demeaning." But we gotta call them MAPs, minor-attracted persons.

And, you know, that's where it's going. That's why we have to stop this because children are the target. And it's, it is demonic at its root. It's the history of Baal worship, of sacrificing children. It's gonna come down to God or Baal, God or the devil. That's what it is.

It's a spiritual war. Everybody's coming to that conclusion. It's very obvious. And the devil doesn't like our children, wants to cut off the next generation, wants to influence the next generation because that generation then will be in bondage from its inception.

So that is the agenda. We need to be aware of it. Um, I mentioned two things that I'm gonna just highlight. Kansas City has taken a stand to push back against the state, since the state has banned, uh, transgender, uh, therapy and the gender-affirming care, so just puberty blockers, hormones, and surgery. And so, Kansas City has said, "Okay, we as a city, then, are going to reject state funding and become a sanctuary city for LGBTQ community."

Okay. At one point, I love that, locally, a city is saying, "We believe in this so much that we are going to reject state funding, be self-sufficient, and welcome this city... welcome these people." I love that. I love that. I don't agree what they're doing it for, their cause, their purpose, but we should take a lesson from that, as a state, as individual cities, and counties, because s-... How...

Uh, we, we are, we are addicted to the dollar, dependent on the dollar instead of God. And we, as a state, should be rejecting federal funding, saying, "In our schools, we are going to do this. And if it means we lose federal funding, so be it." But we're so addicted to the dollar and dependent on the federal government that we don't.

So let's learn a lesson from Kansas City. Even though they're doing it for the wrong reason, they're doing it because they believe in something so strongly. We could do it too, both as individual cities, counties, and the state. So I'm gonna encourage us all to do that because what do I say everyday on this show? "Never forget the sovereignty of your person, your state, and your God."

As a person, you can take a stand like Dan Kleinman. As a state, you can do the same thing because we service a sovereign God who's not dependent on men, no dependent on, on the lawmakers. He's sovereign. He gives us our rights that makes us free as long as we adhere to Him first. Never forget the sovereignty of your person, your state, and your God. This is The Jake Merrick Show. I'll see you Monday.

Radio Announcer:
The Jake Merrick Show is a product of Freedom 96.9. All content is the property of Champlin Broadcasting. Any use of a broadcast without consent is prohibited.

URL of this page: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments of a personal nature, trolling, and linkspam may be removed.