The Sharjah International Book Fair in UAE excludes anyone from Israel—that's antisemitic. ALA attends this antisemitic event yearly—that's antisemitism. ALA does this despite years of criticism and has never stood up for human rights in this regard—that's knowingly and purposefully antisemitic. Its President Loida Garcia-Febo touts "ALA's longstanding commitments with different countries into a Global Library Tour to bring my advocacy campaign, Libraries = Strong Communities, to places such as ... Sharjah International Book Fair...." ALA's President literally touts antisemitism. That builds "strong communities"?
Be clear that if an ALA President attended events where Arabs from UAE were excluded, ALA would be labelled as Islamophobic. So ALA attending events where Jews from Israel are excluded is antisemitic.
|"From Local to Global; Bringing Education and Environmental|
Tools to Our Communities," by Loida Garcia-Febo,
American Libraries, September/October 2018, p.4.
Would you keep attending a golf club where you knew women, blacks, gays, or Jews were excluded? Not unless you were misogynistic, racist, homophobic, or antisemitic. And would you associate with such a person? ALA is antisemitic. (ALA is also homophobic, misogynistic, and racist, but I digress.)
300 library experts share insights at 2018 Sharjah International Book Fair: https://t.co/Rns3UHEV8N— American Library Association (@ALALibrary) November 9, 2018
MT @elderofziyon: “#ALA partners w UAE book fair that doesn't like Jews http://t.co/Fhc1DvZsLv” @LibraryJournal @amlibraries #libchat @OIF— Dan Kleinman (@SafeLibraries) March 29, 2015
|ALA President Jim Neal keynotes SIBF15. Keynote and backdrop|
shows how close is the relationship between ALA and SIBF.
American Library Association not only attends, but actively participates, e.g.: "ALA President Loida Garcia-Febo will bring together concepts of libraries of all types as pillars of education and at the intersection of human rights, universal access to information, serving diverse and multiethnic populations, and making your library a welcoming place to all members of the community." How can she talk about human rights and diversity at an antisemitic conference?
Libraries equal strong Communities @loidagarciafebo @ALALibrary #SIBFala18 pic.twitter.com/SSbYEP6rmX— Dalal Rahme (@DalalRahme) November 8, 2018
Here is a report from the Executive Director of ALA in 2016 showing how closely ALA is allied with the antisemitic organization, hyperlinks in original:
Librarians from across the Persian Gulf, Middle East, and North Africa (MENA) gathered at the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) November 8–10 for the third annual SIBF/American Library Association Conference. The conference is ALA's most ambitious international professional development event, supporting ALA's global theme, "Partnering to build stronger libraries worldwide." Approximately 350 librarians took part in three days of programs, training, and networking in both Arabic and English, with translation provided. [ALA President] Julie Todaro and Miguel Figueroa provided keynotes. You can find out more in the member release about the conference or American Libraries' Scoop. Plans are already underway for the 2017 event. [Source 1, Source 2]The number of American librarians attending the annual antisemitic event is staggering. Use of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to uncover how much their communities paid or are paying for them to support antisemitism may be beneficial. Those communities may wish to know and may wish to stop funding hate.
|Israel is missing. Source is SIBF |
"Sharjah Book Authority" YouTube.
ALA MEMBERS KNOW ALA IS ANTISEMITIC:
In the Shadow of Pittsburgh: Intellectual Freedom to Defend the Jewish People," by Emily Schneider, Intellectual Freedom Blog, 12 November 2018. But that is only to give ALA cover to perpetuate "the resistance": "the overwhelming inundation of hateful words and actions which have been seemingly encouraged by the presidency of Donald Trump and the subsequent empowerment of white supremacist, anti-LGBTQ, and specifically anti-Semitic groups."
Nevertheless, the publication goes on confirm antisemitism at ALA, hyperlink in original:
Even more troubling is the virtual absence of Jewish concerns on ALSC's blog. When I searched under "Jewish," as well as "antisemitism," to check if I had missed any past blog entries that would concede the existence of Jews as readers, I came up with nothing but some incidental references to characters and a discussion about holiday decorations in libraries. A parallel search of "Islam" at [sic] did produce some recommendations for books that would make Muslim children feel welcome and understood.
If librarians and other advocates for an inclusive and activist approach to literacy are afraid to discuss antisemitism as a deep-rooted and dangerous blight on society, one that is both related to other forms of hatred, and also uniquely menacing to the Jewish people, we have a problem that needs to be addressed.And the author doesn't even mention ALA's efforts to fund and promote Islam in American libraries: "Bridging Cultures Bookshelf: Muslim Journeys."
American Library Association again partners with UAE book fair that features Jew-hatred https://t.co/jOjYhY8L5X— ElderOfZiyon (@elderofziyon) November 19, 2015
Libraries = Strong Communities around the world. #LibrariesStrong #SIBFALA18 https://t.co/2Sc1AzEB6m— American Library Association (@ALALibrary) November 7, 2018
EVEN BANNED BOOKS WEEK IS INFECTED BY ALA COVERING FOR TERROR:
- In one case, ALA librarians gleefully brag about censorship of "No Go Zones" by Raheem Kassam, see "'No Go Zones' Censored; Banned Books Week Hoax Strikes Again," and
- in another case ALA is happy to announce how the terrorist organization called CAIR for Counsel of American Islamic Relations successfully campaigned to removed a book.
There is no other way to look at America Library Association's repeat attendance at antisemitic events, let alone its past history of antisemitic behavior as referenced below. It's antisemitism. If you or I engaged in this behavior, that's what we'd be called, antisemitic. ALA is antisemitic. I'll rejoin ALA when it stops attending antisemitic events, etc.
SUPPORTING REFERENCES IN REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER:
- "United Arab Emirates - Defender of the Jews," by Elder of Ziyon, Elder of Ziyon, 13 July 2017.
- "Leading Jewish Group: UNESCO Chief Must Condemn Antisemitism on Display at UAE Book Fair at Which Her Organization is Guest of Honor," by Algemeiner Staff, The Algemeiner, 4 November 2016. "'This massive 'low-tech' injection of Jew-hatred at Arab government-sponsored fairs creates a vicious circle of incitement to violence, targeting Jews and Jewish institutions,' Samuels wrote."
- "How The State Department Is Combating Anti-Semitism," Mark Weitzman, The New York Jewish Week, 6 September 2016.
- "Report: 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion' on Sale at Arab Book Fair Co-Sponsored by American Library Association," by Algemeiner Staff, The Algemeiner, 20 November 2015.
- "Will Anti-Semitic Literature at Arab Book Fairs Aid Recruitment to Terrorism?," by Shimon Samuels, The Jerusalem Post, 11 May 2015.
- "American Library Association Partners with UAE Book Fair That Doesn't Like Jews," by Elder of Ziyon, Elder of Ziyon, 25 March 2015.
- "UAE Book Fair Again Features Anti-Semitic Books," by Unnamed, Anti-Defamation League, 5 May 2014.
- "UAE Book Fair Engages Readers with Anti-Semitism," by Unnamed, Anti-Defamation League, 20 November 2013.
|ALA President Julie Todaro at SIBF in 2016.|
MORE ANTISEMITISM AT AMERICAN LIBRARY ASSOCIATION:
- "The American Library Association Rejects Laura Ingalls Wilder While Embracing Anti-Semitic Poetry," by Editor, Mosaic, 12 July 2018.
- "As Literary Award Changes Its Name to Escape Allegations of Racism, Instances of Anti-Semitism Go Unnoticed; Last Year's Recipient of the Honor Formerly Known As the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award was Feted for a Book Accusing the Jews of Murdering Jesus for Money," by Emily Schneider, Tablet Magazine, 9 July 2018.
- "ALA Blames Guns, NRA for Terrorism at Orlando Gay Bar," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 12 June 2016.
- "Antisemitism at ALA Midwinter," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 30 January 2015.
- "American Library Association Blames YouTube Video for Benghazi Attack; Passes Policy Silencing Prayer After Jewish Man Prays for Dead Colleagues at ALA Meeting; Does Not Support Free Speech," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 19 April 2014.
- "Colorado: American Library Association Teaching Librarians How to Push Islam," by Larry Grieco, Bear Witness Central, 26 August 2013.
- "American Library Association Recommends Reading Qur'an for 'Banned Books Week,'" by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 29 September 2011.
- "ALA Joins CAIR to Oppose Radicalization Hearings Sponsored by Congressman Pete King," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 9 March 2011.
- "ALA is Duplicitous and Fraudulent, Censors Whomever It Wants, Suppresses Intellectual Freedom, and Joins the Jihad," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 10 October 2009.
- "The American Library Association Joins the Jihad," by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 9 October 2009.
- "The American Library Association's Stealth Jihad Against Free Speech; Gross Hypocrisy: Attacking 'Banned Books' While Banning Controversial Speakers," by William J. Becker, Jr., Frontpage Magazine, 8 October 2009.
- "The Islam-Basher and the Librarian Kerfuffle; A Controversy Erupted Last Week in Chicago After It Was Publicly Revealed That a Noted Anti-Islam Blogger Had Been Invited to an American Library Association Panel," by Ahmed Rehab, Huffington Post, 14 August 2009 (updated 6 December 2017).
- "The American Library Association On The Side of Terror," by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 10 August 2009.
- "Proof of ALA Pro-Terrorist Censorship; ALA Challenged to Explain and to Include Censored Speaker Next Time," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 23 July 2009.
- "American Library Association Abandons Principle, Allows Censorship," by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 22 July 2009.
- "Library Association Abandons Principle, Allows Censorship," by Steven Emerson, IPT News, 21 July 2009.
- "ALA, Panelists Cave to Pressure from Terror-Linked Group, Panel with Spencer Canceled," by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 19 July 2009.
- "CAIR Official Admits to Being Invited to Join ALA Panel; Why Is the ALA Colluding With a Hamas-Linked Group?," by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 16 July 2009.
- "Hamas-Linked CAIR Thumps its Chest After Succeeding in Restricting Free Speech at the ALA," by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 12 July 2009.
- "Press Release: Islam-Basher Will Not Speak at Library Association," by Ahmed Rehab, CAIR Chicago, 12 July 2009.
- "Chicago: Library Group Panelists Withdraw Over Role of Islam-Basher," by Ahmed Rehab, CAIR, 11 July 2009.
- "Profs Try to Block Spencer Appearance at American Library Association Conference," by Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, 7 July 2009.
- "The ALA Supports Terrorists," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 1 February 2009.
- "Librarians for Terror," by Lee Kaplan, FrontPageMagazine.com, 24 August 2004.
- "The American Library Association: The P.A.'s Pal," by N. Leonard Tolkan, Jewish Press, 27 December 2002, 15 January 2003.
- "A Nation Challenged: Questions of Confidentiality; Competing Principles Leave Some Professionals Debating Responsibility to Government, by David E. Rosenbaum, The New York Times, 20 September 2001. ALA's de facto leader Judith Krug wishes a librarian had not reported to police the presence of a 9/11 terrorist and had instead respected his library patron privacy rights.
- "Case of the Critical Librarians Research on Bibliographer Used to Counter Vote on Israeli Censorship," by Jim McGee, The Washington Post, 19 October 1993.
|ALA advertisement for an antisemitic event.|
@loidagarciafebo Loida keynote “Libraries strong communities” at #Sharjah18, #ALASIBF2018 pic.twitter.com/PejH4um3CV— J. K. Vijayakumar PhD (@jkvijayakumar) November 7, 2018
Professional organizations=prof connections. @ALALibrary connected @Todd_burleson & I for #SIBFALA18. This formed a partnership & opportunity to learn & grow from & with each other. Most importantly I gained an insightful, supportive, generous friend. #aaslleaders pic.twitter.com/9mRGKEjmIq— Wendy Garland (@dancelibrarian) November 19, 2018
@TheGermanNerd @LoulouTawfik I introduced you to my students today as I told them about my trip to UAE with #LegoTravelBuddy They really enjoyed meeting you! #sibfala18 pic.twitter.com/HxMCEPaGpa— Todd (@todd_burleson) November 14, 2018
Taking a moment to reflect on a week of culture, kindness and colleagues. Thank you @ALALibrary @ALAIRO @SharjahBookAuth for inviting @dancelibrarian and I. We met some fantastic librarians and learned so much. Ready to continue the learning! #sibfala18 #we36 #legotravelbuddy pic.twitter.com/7LQ6VjBJoj— Todd (@todd_burleson) November 12, 2018
ANTISEMITISM: BORN TO HATE JEWS:
Antisemitism is a growing issue. This is a big reason why.https://t.co/P0CFSxjEcf— PragerU (@prageru) November 15, 2018
URL of this page:
@ALALibrary @BannedBooksWeek @LoidaGarciaFebo @PlanoLibrary @PragerU @RaheemKassam @SharjahBookAuth
@ALALibrary @BannedBooksWeek @LoidaGarciaFebo @PlanoLibrary @PragerU @RaheemKassam @SharjahBookAuth