|gay hate @ your library®|
- "Orland Park Library Officials Call People 'Fruit', 'Faggot' & 'Gay,'" by John Kraft, Illinois Leaks (Edgar County Watchdogs), 26 July 2014:
After her attempted intimidation, outside the courthouse, against the person she had signed an ordinance violation against, I intervened and she continued towards her vehicle, but only after calling Kevin a "fruit". Meanwhile Jennings returned and called me an a**hole at least 4 times while calling Kevin a faggot and stating she did not like gay people. She admits to police that she said these things and this police report will be in an upcoming article.
Watch this elected library trustee Diane Jennings and library public relations employee Bridget Bittman attack a gay man who happened to have exposed the library for allowing and covering up child pornography:
- "Bridget Bittman Commits Disorderly Conduct/Breach of Peace on 7/8/14 According to Officer Schmidt," by Megan Fox, YouTube, 8 July 2014:
And mainstream library media like Library Journal and the American Library Association's [ALA] own American Libraries are completely silent on this videotaped LGBT hate. Why? Child pornography in a library is a direct result of ALA policy to allow unfettered porn despite the law. Indeed, ALA is the nation's leading facilitator of porn in public libraries nationwide.
ALA has in the past exposed the LGBT community to discrimination and even increased suicide by faking half a decade of gay hate so as to rile up the LGBT community to spread ALA's false message of book "banning." That stopped after I exposed ALA for doing this. It is one of my favorite accomplishments, stopping ALA from harming the LGBT community.
But ALA has not learned. The women shown in the video calling the gay man a "fruit" provided training for ALA to many librarians where she made homophobic remarks during her training about why a mom would let her children near a gay man. Has ALA cut ties with this hater? No. She's been invited back for more ALA-sponsored training.
And of course she's still working at the library, a library that's such a joke that even Seth Meyers at Saturday Night Live with guest star Lady Gaga made fun of it:
- "SNL Mocks Orland Park Public Library's Porn Policy on 11/16/13," by Megan Fox, YouTube, 16 November 2013:
Is there a reason people should get away with gay hate simply because they are supposedly innocent librarians or library supporters? Is there a reason mainstream media should ignore the gay hate, even in the face of videotaped evidence? Is "faggots" @ your library® an acceptable trademark?
Outside the library world, people like multiple Academy Award nominee Jonah Hill apologize for saying "faggot." "'What I said in that moment was a disgusting and hurtful term,' Hill told [Howard] Stern. 'I shouldn't have said that.'" Why are public library officials immune? Why are library media not reporting this story (that's being going on for almost a year now)?
|"faggots" @ your library®|
Personal note: It infuriates me no end that gay hate is allowed, condoned, and covered up, all to perpetuate the spread of child pornography in public libraries. The gay haters at ALA remain authoritative in communities nationwide and continue to recommend making child porn available in public libraries despite the law.
Does being a library supporter bestow magical protection that allows gay hate? 97% of librarians have seen code of conduct violations at ALA conferences, including 23% of librarians reporting being sexually harassed, and "It's true, the majority of the people who were harassed did not report," so I suppose from those stats and from the what I've reported above that homophobia is acceptable within that community. Is it acceptable in yours?
"@ your library®" is a federally registered trademark of the American Library Association. Its nominative use on SafeLibraries is for criticism and analysis. "gay hate @ your library®" and "'faggots' @ your library®" are not federally registered trademarks of ALA, but they should be because of what Orland Park Public Library officials say and the way ALA harms gays and other members of the LGBT community.
NOTE ADDED 28 JULY 2014:
- "Orland Park Library Trustee, Attorney Diane Jennings, Admits to Gay Slurs,'" by John Kraft, Illinois Leaks (Edgar County Watchdogs), 28 July 2014.
And still no coverage from Library Journal and American Libraries. That tells me they condone the gay hate.
NOTE ADDED 29 JULY 2014:
I cited statistics from a librarian named Ingrid Abrams who calls herself "The Magpie Librarian." This women actually deletes and changes my comments that appear on her blog, then attacks me for the quotes as she's rewritten them; some people don't like the truth and distort it in different ways. I say this so you can see she does not like free speech. Now you can see she does not like me:
NOTE ADDED 17 AUGUST 2014:
This blog post has many comments I have removed. They were not spam so I did not delete them. Rather, they are comments either of a homophobic nature, including the name of a library child porn whistleblower, or are written purely for harassment. Such comments violate the short note one sees when leaving comments, at a minimum, let alone common courtesy.
All the comments originate from Chicago, IL, home of the American Library Association, or surrounding communities, and all match the pattern of harassment I have seen before from Deborah Caldwell-Stone, Esq., at the American Library Association's Office for Intellectual Freedom in Chicago. Certainly the homophobia in the comments matches the homophobia within ALA OIF where Deborah Caldwell-Stone is the Deputy Director and former Acting Director, right down to naming the very same person simply for being gay. I have written about how ALA OIF harms the LGBT community in the past and will be writing on new evidence of hate within ALA's OIF. The evidence includes that provided by whistleblower librarians who can't stand the hate either. I am in the process of writing that now.
Ms. Caldwell-Stone, please stop. It's especially embarrassing to other members of your profession. Of course, now that I said that, you'll go right on doing it to prove it isn't you. Smh.
NOTE ADDED 1 DECEMBER 2014:
This post of mine is now the basis of my being sued in federal court for defamation:
- Bridget Bittman v. Megan Fox, Kevin DuJan, Dan Kleinman, Adam Andrzejewski, For the Good of Illinois, 1:14-cv-08191, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, filed 20 October 2014.
NOTE ADDED 2 DECEMBER 2015:
Over a year later I am still being sued for publishing this post exposing homophobia by ALA, even after a judge dismissed me out of the case for there being no there there. See: "Bridget Bittman Handed Another Defeat in SLAPP Lawsuit."
Obviously it's a SLAPP suit designed to silence me. The complaint was simply amended (for the second time) to keep silencing me, this time complaining that my filing FOIA requests is the basis for jurisdiction over me. So much for freedom of information from the "Office for Intellectual Freedom."
Here is new information:
- The American Library Association trained librarians to file defamation suits against child porn whistleblowers as it could run them up to $500,000.00 in legal fees. This is evidenced by notes taken at one such training by one of the librarians being trained whose notes were obtained by FOIA request. Yes, I've been in this defamation suit defending gay rights for over a year and legal fees are really piling up. It's part of ALA's strategy that it teaches others to use.
- The plaintiff has been ostensibly soliciting funding, when in reality it is just for show as this multi-year lawsuit of hers is likely being funding by the American Library Association, possibly with funding ALA receives from the Open Society Institute. Pictured at right is the plaintiff vacationing in Florida while simultaneous having a GoFundMe page. See: "Orland Park Library's Bridget Bittman Begs On GoFundMe – Vacations in Florida."
- I have reported on others disclosing homophobia by a library and by ALA. I am being sued to silence me for reporting that. New information is that I have been offered a settlement that IF I DELETED WHAT I WROTE ABOUT ALA's HOMOPHOBIA, THE CASE WOULD BE DROPPED AGAINST ME. Naturally I'm going to continue to stand up for the rights of gay people not to have their defenders silenced with the filing of SLAPP suits; I'm not deleting this post.
- Besides likely funding the lawsuit, the American Library Association is actively suppressing some of the evidence needed to show that it used, allowed, and rehired a homophobic trainer who questioned why a woman would let her small children around a gay man. The evidence is needed to show not only that ALA is homophobic but also that ALA is training librarians to destroy evidence of crimes in public libraries where such crimes are caused by ALA's pro-child porn policies. Public librarians are following ALA orders to destroy evidence and doing so violates laws preventing the destruction of public documents. Fortunately, some FOIA responses were received before librarians complied with ALA's destruction orders instead of the law. Therefore, from a FOIA request response, here is the letter ALA sent to destroy evidence of its homophobia and its ordering librarians to break public records laws:
- "Deny, Delete, Defend; American Library Association Orders Public Librarians to Destroy Public Documents to Preclude Public Disclosure of its 'Exposure'" https://storify.com/SafeLibraries/american-library-association-orders-public-librari
I am perfectly willing to show the entire recording, there will be nothing taken "out of context." Besides, when it comes to homophobia, it's acceptable in the right context?"TAKING PARTS OF DISCUSSION OUT OF CONTEXT WOULD BE HARMFUL SO WE CANNOT ALLOW ANYTHING FROM 17 DEC TO BE PRODUCED IN RESPONSE TO FOIA" -15— Dan Kleinman (@SafeLibraries) August 7, 2015
"There is still time to get ahead of this if we act today. Deny, delete, defend. – dcs" DENY, DELETE, DEFEND #libchat @LibraryJournal -24— Dan Kleinman (@SafeLibraries) August 7, 2015
As to the homophobia, can you imagine any one using and rehiring homophobic trainers then ordering the destruction of evidence that proves it beyond the shadow of a doubt? The American Library Association has done this.
We must demand ALA disclose the evidence. After it does, we must address the homophobia, let alone the directives to hide evidence of crime from the public or to destroy it.
And absolutely no media in over a year has written on this LGBT hate right in the heart of the American Library Association's "Office for Intellectual Freedom." Worse, the few librarians who do discuss this do so only to smear me; they ignore the homophobia and attack the messenger.
It's like homophobia is acceptable if it helps ALA maintain its pro-child porn policies. Is homophobia ever acceptable?
It is my opinion that homophobia runs deep within the library profession because both librarians and library media actively cover up for the homophobia that ALA displays and orders librarians to suppress, and most comply.
A few brave souls are willing to ignore ALA and, anonymously, disclose the truth directly to me or the child p0rn whistleblowers. Thank goodness. More reports are welcome. Anonymity / confidentiality guaranteed.
The above is all my opinion, of course, intended for a worldwide audience, so there should be no further misunderstanding or excuse to file an additional SLAPP suit.
NOTE ADDED 26 MARCH 2016:
- "Orland Park Public Library: Bridget Bittman's SLAPP Lawsuit a Complete and Utter Failure," by John Kraft, Illinois Leaks, Edgar County Watchdogs, 25 March 2016.
- "Orland Park Public Library – Bittman v. Fox Lawsuit Withdrawn," by John Kraft, Illinois Leaks, Edgar County Watchdogs, 22 March 2016.
Besides the Saturday Night Live skit shown above, this is fresh from the library's own local Chicago Tribune newspapers: "No one will be surfing for pornography on the Internet at the Orland Park Public Library on Good Friday." Here's a picture showing the article dated March 24, 2016, 4:14 PM:
However, in more evidence how the media helps the American Library Association of Chicago, IL, hide the effect of its pro child porn policies from the public, the Chicago Tribune CHANGED THE WORDING TO ELIMINATE THE PORN SURFING THE LIBRARY ALLOWS LEADING TO THE CHILD PORN SURFING IT COVERS UP. Here's the cleaned up wording:
"You can surf the Internet at the Orland Park Public Library, which is open on Good Friday, but not at the Tinley Park Public Library, which is closed."
- "Good Friday Paid Holiday for Public Workers Creates Spirited Debate," by Ted Slowik, Chicago Tribune, 25 March 2016, hyperlink omitted, note this date/article supplants the one of the day before.
NOTE ADDED 16 MAY 2016:
The case against me has been dismissed a second time, this time with prejudice:
- "Orland Park Library's Bridget Bittman Defeated Again — Judge Dismisses SLAPP Lawsuit," by John Kraft, Illinois Leaks, Edgar County Watchdogs, 16 May 2016.
NOTE ADDED 24 JUNE 2016:
My self-censoring this "Gay Hate @ Your Library" page was a constant demand of the plaintiff. I show here how ALA was then homophobic. To this day, ALA has continued to cover up the homophobia. ALA is homophobic and has been for years. You can't be gay friendly if you're a little bit homophobic and you keep hiding your homophobia and attacking the people exposing the homophobia and trying to get them to delete the evidence of your homophobia:
- "Bittman v Fox: SafeLibraries Dismissed Second Time," by Dan Kleinman, SafeLibraries, 20 June 2016.
URL of this page: safelibraries.blogspot.com/2014/07/gay-hate-at-your-library.html
On Twitter: @AtYourLibrary @ECWDogs @IntolerantFox @OIF @OrlandPkLibrary @VillageOrlandPk